Friday, October 14, 2011

Zak Bagans Dark World: A psychic’s point of view

To anyone that knows us, it is no secret that Nikki is a huge fan of Zak Bagans and Ghost Adventures. We purchased Zak’s book from Barnes & Noble the day it was released. Surprisingly, I take very little time to watch any paranormal television but am indeed a fan of Ghost Adventures.

I think he did a great job with his book, and it will give you a glimpse of him as a person and answer the question as to why he provokes things the way he does. He did a fantastic job in describing the different haunts such as intelligent haunts to residual haunts. For those with general paranormal interests I believe you would enjoy this book a lot. I could also appreciate that he referenced these hauntings to places that he has been and his personal experiences.

What I found to be intriguing is that he is okay with residual haunts and questions the intelligent haunts. As a psychic, I can honestly say that I am the exact opposite. Maybe it is because I feel that those intelligent haunts can validate a lot of what psychic’s have stated all along, that spirits are right here with us everyday. It is the residual haunts that I question with why? I believe science will one day indeed be able to answer this question for me.

There were a couple of things that he mentioned in his book that I want to discuss. One was in reference to Psychic and Mediums using EVP’s for validation. This has been going on for a long time. My bio does indeed state that I am a Medium, but I do not promote those readings. I like to do a medium reading in person, and on a “need be” basis, as they are very personal. A few years ago was the first time I ran my digital recorder during a medium reading for someone’s son who had passed away unexpectedly at the age of 28. The EVP captured when I closed the session was, “Mom I love you”, and to this day is a most treasured gift to that family.

The other thing mentioned in this book was law enforcement using EVP’s on cases. This indeed happens more often than not. The last chapter of the book, many well-knowns did a great job submitting what they would like to see happen in the paranormal field in the future. Mark and Debby Constantino referenced capturing an EVP on an active case. Though this indeed may be an option that law enforcement may be interested in, I warn against it. I say this because I have discussed many times Psychic’s jumping in with their opinions to law enforcement on missing person cases. They have been, and can be charged with obstruction of justice, and this I support fully. So I would recommend being a little leery before running to law enforcement with an EVP.

Zak speaks of having a place available where all paranormal evidence can be uploaded and looked at by all documenting trends and such for science. I LOVE this idea. However, I could see problems with that in faked EVP’s etc. To quote John Zaffis from the book, “Right now there is too much bickering internally.” “The paranormal community, in my estimation, is in chaos.” I agree fully. However, I personally feel that NASA is doing more research in these areas than we are aware of.

All in all this was a fantastic read and I would recommend it to anyone. What would I like to see in the future? Books from Aaron Goodwin, and Nick Groff. Just like Zak, I would like to hear their thoughts, opinions, beliefs and where their interest came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment