Wednesday, October 16, 2024

A haunted motel.....Liverpool, California

 A little back story before I begin. My mother was a motel manager for many years. From the time I was 11-17 years, I grew up in a house, connected to the front office. I've been around many deaths unfortunately in this kind of work. 


When I was young I didn't notice anything weird or strange about the home. Until,  I was a teenager and that all changed. One day an older women, who escaped the nursing home, and who was a heavy alcohol checked in. She would never leave the room, just sit in the chair, and drink all day an night. On weekends I had to clean the rooms. I was about 15 I think at the time. She would never leave the chair or say a word. Just sit and stare. 

My mother's job was 24/7, no breaks, no days off, except for two weeks a year for vacation. My mom didn't feel good about leaving this time and didn't think the owners would check on her. She was right. When we returned, she sadly had passed away, and this is where my ghost story begins. My mom first started complaining about phantom knocks, the cabinets opening an closing shut, and or someone moving around in the attic above. I didn't hear the noises, but started feeling as if I was being watched in my room, and just felt this sense of unease. I never felt like that in all of the years there. But, the atmosphere just felt weird. Mt sister and I shared a room. The room had a hallway leading out to the rest of the house. One night my sister woke up to her blanket being pulled off of her. She looked and saw me. She started to yell at me, she said I turned around, and started walking down the hall. She followed only to see me disappear. She then turned on the lights, only to find me asleep in my bed. The next night, as I slept, I woke up freezing, and saw that my blanket was across the room. I remembered my sisters story, so I peeked out of my eye, and saw a glowing women peeking around the corner in the hallway at me. I froze and pretend I was asleep. I eventually passed out and decided not to speak on it out of fear I would look crazy. 

My mother the next day told us about what happened to her the night before. She said while laying in her bed, someone started knocking on her beds headboard,  she freaked out, and went to the kitchen to find cabinets opening and closing. And what sounded like someone walking in the attic. After that I told everyone about my experience. After that we always slept with the light on.until I moved at 17 I always felt someone staring at me. But,  never did I see her again. I always wondered if it was room 122. The older women who passed while we were away.

Many years later we started to watch the motel. As a favor to the owners. One day they asked my mom to spend the night. Still scared from our past experience she opted to sleep on the couch. At night,  in my old room she heard papers being thrown around. She didn't check it out of fear. The next day she found the room empty,  only with a few boxes, and a fridge. 

Also while living there, we had a worker come stay, and would sometimes bring his son. The father explained his son was gifted and could see spirits. He would have to check our every room before committing to a room he deemed safe. He said he would see many ghosts. It still gives me the chills thinking of it. 

Kelly Crews



No comments:

Post a Comment